Additional places available for 2004 British Open
BY iseekgolf.com | European PGA Tour | 2004 British Open | General | 28 Jun 2004
Competitors in International Final Qualifying at Sunningdale and Congressional on Monday 28th June, will be playing for more places in the Open than originally envisaged.
Now, instead of 12 places at each IFQ, they will be playing for 15 places at both courses.
At present, there are 88 exempt players with a further 13 exempt places still to be decided. The exempt places yet to be filled are:
1. First two European Tour members and ties, not otherwise exempt, in a cumulative money list from the Deutsche Bank -SAP Open up to and including the Smurfit European Open and including the US Open.
2. The leading player, not otherwise exempt, in each of the 2004 Smurfit European Open and the 2004 Barclays Scottish Open.
3. First two USPGA Tour members and ties, not otherwise exempt, in a cumulative money list from the USPGA Tour Players Championship and the five USPGA Tour events leading up to and including the Western Open.
4. The leading player, not otherwise exempt, in each of the 2004 Western Open and the 2004 John Deere Classic.
5. The leading player, not otherwise exempt, in the 2004 Mizuno Open.
6. First four and ties, not otherwise exempt, in the top 20 of a cumulative money list from all official Japan Tour events from the 2004 Japan PGA Championship up to and including the Mizuno Open.
Local Final Qualifying will be played at Irvine, Glasgow (Gailes), Turnberry Kintyre and Western Gailes on Saturday, 10th and Sunday 11th June when competitors will be playing for 12 Open places.
Source – R&A